Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    I'm educating another forum on the origins of Theater Sound Systems, Western Electric, The All Technical Company etc.

    Can anyone source a photo of the equipment behind the "Screen" of those early theaters?

    Thanks
    Dan
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    For starters.

    Page 2 photo 13: http://www.leesound.com/bw_photos/
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    I've got some, I'll try and post them on DIYaudio in the next day or so.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I've got some, I'll try and post them on DIYaudio in the next day or so.

    GM
    Thanks GM. Give us a heads up on the address when you get it. I don't get over there often but I'm registered.
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    We don't have an airboss over at diyAudio. What is your username and I'll make sure your account is up to date.
    Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
    [url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
    [url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
    We don't have an airboss over at diyAudio. What is your username and I'll make sure your account is up to date.
    Hi Cal:
    I think I'm either skyboltone or Danny Hall over there. I'm often confused. This cognomen, (airboss) dates from an earlier life when I was the designated FAA "responsible person" of special airspace at airshows. I should probably change everything to skyboltone or airboss but most forums won't allow changes.

    Dan
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    Quote Originally Posted by airboss View Post
    Thanks GM. Give us a heads up on the address when you get it. I don't get over there often but I'm registered.
    Well, I see some of the links I have are now posted and the others that are long gone, but could be accessed using the Wayback Machine are now giving me a 'data retrieval failure' message, so that only leaves my copy of them. Unfortunately, I've had no luck uploading them (.html) along with their picture folders and getting them to display properly, i.e. pictures embedded in the pages.

    So, anybody know if it can be done and how to do it?

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Well, I see some of the links I have are now posted and the others that are long gone, but could be accessed using the Wayback Machine are now giving me a 'data retrieval failure' message, so that only leaves my copy of them. Unfortunately, I've had no luck uploading them (.html) along with their picture folders and getting them to display properly, i.e. pictures embedded in the pages.

    So, anybody know if it can be done and how to do it?

    GM
    What I've received is enough for the bunch I'm trying to educate GM so no hurry. I'm thinking all of this fit's into the plans being laid in the "Log on issue" thread. Thanks all of you for your assistance. Those were exiting times. Somehow somewhere I guess folks working with ones and zeros think these are exiting times too but I don't grok.

    I could feel it at the old Del Mar theatre in Santa Cruz in the '60s.

    Dan
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone have a photo of Early Theatre System

    Quote Originally Posted by airboss View Post
    I'm educating another forum on the origins of Theater Sound Systems, Western Electric, The All Technical Company etc.

    Can anyone source a photo of the equipment behind the "Screen" of those early theaters?

    Thanks
    Dan
    Here is a photo of early sound system. Klang film also has interresting photos.

    .....................

    5

    .......................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.